Friday, March 4, 2011

My Imaginary Leather Belt

If I were to make my own belt and carve things into it  this is what I would crave into it. The very first thing I would put on it is my family's last name Long/Imbierowicz. Long is my mother's madian name and Imbierowicz is my father's name. Both families are close so I would put both last names. The next thing I would put is the Poland flag. Poland is part of my heritage and is something I think is important. After that I would put the letters SMS and then an arrow pointing to the letters JCS. SMS stands for St. Margaret School, that was the school I had been to since preschool. JCS stands for John Carroll School that is the school I go to now and will go to for the next 3 years. The next thing I would put on it is my old dog's name, Smokey. She was the best dog ever, but we eventually had to put her down. After the word Smokey was carved in, I would put an arrow pointing to the word Leela. Leela is the name of the dog I have now. Her name is an Indian name we found online. Both dogs are Chesapeake Bay Retrievers. Leela is very bad and crazy dog. She is really stubborn and hard to train. Sometimes I swear she's Marley from the book Marley and Me. After that I would put a pair of skis. My family and I love to ski and we are all expert skiers. My siblings and I learned at a very young age and have been on the ski race team at Ski Roundtop. Next I would put someone running. My whole family loves to run. My mother does lots of marathons and triathlons. I guess the running comes from sports mainly but we love to run on the trails and be on the track teams.  After that I would put a picture of a couple of books. I love to read, it is one of my favorite things to do, but it is hard for me to find a book I like to read. When I do though, I can't stop reading it. The very last thing I would but on it a my name, Emma Jean Imbierowicz.

http://www.beal-net.com/buckles/leatherbelttools.jpg
http://calyxdesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/rhino_belt.jpg

3 comments:

  1. I would say just fix the two spelling mistakes at the top and bottom, but other than that it is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma, I really like your blog page! My favorite post is your belt post! It taught me a lot about you and it was very interesting to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma,
    Excellent blogging for third quarter! Every blog is full of intersting details and images. Your sources are good, and your writing is pretty clean of any typing/grammar errors. I hope that you are enjoying the book so far. Keep working hard!
    97/100 A+

    ReplyDelete